I get a message when I tried to activate my license on my WordPress site: Sorry, the API key was incorrect.
Check to be sure you have licenses available from your members area menu “Licenses”. If not let us know so we can further assist you by adding more if you have the Professional version purchased before 03/05/16, or sending you the information to purchase an additional license level.
If you have a single site or multi-site license and don’t want to upgrade you can remove the domains from your Licenses area by clicking on the red X then clicking the submit button. Then return to your wp-admin area of the domain you want to activate the license to and activate from there.
If the domain is listed in your Licenses area is the one that won’t activate on your wp-admin side then there are a few things you’ll need to check:
1. Make sure there are no blank spaces before or after when copying/pasting your code.
2. Make sure that you have not checked the box underneath that says “I am an Inner Circle member”. You can also delete the domain from your member area menu “Licenses” by clicking the red X and then the submit button. Then return to your wp-admin area and try to activate again there. If those few simple steps don’t rectify the issue for you, you’ll want to do the following steps:
3. Be sure your host has your account set to the correct memory settings as here as well as set to PHP 5.5:
#Change upload limits
file_uploads = On
post_max_size = 64M
upload_max_filesize = 64M
memory_limit = 256M
#Change upload limits end
Most important part is memory_limit = 256M, they can set it to higher to resolve your issue.
In the case of the upload max file size, this ensures that we can upload things like the Profit Builder Theme with no issue.
The max execution time simply means that any operations that a plugin or theme is doing will not time out. Memory simply refers to the amount of data that can be processed. Your host can make these changes, typically through cPanel, using a file called php.ini.
You may also want your host to increase the memory available to WordPress as well: https://docs.woothemes.com/document/increasing-the-wordpress-memory-limit
You can also raise the amount of memory Profit Builder uses to 256 MB as here: https://kb.imsuccesscenter.com/kb/pbv1-how-to-setup-memory-limit
4. Make sure you have the most current versions of the plugin and theme from your member area.
5. Check for plugin conflicts:
https://kb.imsuccesscenter.com/kb/faq-plugin-theme-conflicts which provides a step-by-step procedure to check for plugin conflicts.
6. If you are using a cache plugin (such as W3 Total Cache), clear the page cache. Alternately, use a free service called CloudFlare at http://cloudflare.com, which does the same thing but without the need for a plugin to be installed.
7. Please also have your host whitelist the following IP address as is necessary to connect to our license checking server 18.104.22.168
8.Additionally, if you still see the issue, please install Profit Builder and the Profit Builder theme into their own sub-directory with their own database and WordPress installation and create a page to see if you have the same issue (do not install any other plugins, apart from the Visual Icon Font plugin required by Profit Builder Theme). Here’s a video on how to do this, it references Rapid Mailer, but the process is the same:
If none of the above corrects it for you let us know you have tried all of the above on this page and we’ll go to the next step.